Let's talk about genitalia and sex positivity. While these topics may make some people uncomfortable, it's essential to have open and honest conversations about them. Here are 10 tips for discussing genitalia and sex positivity with your friends and family:
- Create a safe and comfortable environment for discussion. Ensure that everyone feels respected and heard.
- Start with small talk to ease into the topic. Don't jump straight into the deep end.
- Use inclusive language and avoid making assumptions about people's gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Avoid shaming or judgmental language. This will only create barriers to open discussion.
- Be mindful of people's boundaries and comfort levels. If someone doesn't want to discuss a particular topic, respect their wishes.
- Listen actively to what others are saying. Don't just wait for your turn to speak.
- Avoid interrupting or talking over others.
- Be bold and ask questions if you need clarification on something. This will help clarify any misunderstandings.
- Share your own experiences and perspectives, but refrain from dominating the conversation.
- End the discussion on a positive note. Recap what was discussed and thank everyone for their participation.
Remember, discussing genitalia and sex positivity can be uncomfortable, but it's essential to have these conversations to break down taboos and promote open-mindedness. At Giggeli, we believe in celebrating the beauty of the human body and promoting positivity around the genitalia. We hope these tips will help you have meaningful and productive conversations with your friends and family.
Cheers, to open conversations!
About the writer:
The Giggeli Project creates penis shaped design objects to break taboos and provoke discussion on genitalia. The idea behind the project is to create products that playfully highlight everyday issues and make us think differently about them.